Monkeys are a species that are native to The Tri-Island Area. They have a notorious fondness for bananas.
Several monkeys appear over the course of the adventures and many offer assistance to Guybrush Threepwood in one way or another.
See: List Of Monkeys
On Monkey IslandEdit
On Scabb IslandEdit
Guybrush Threepwood hypnotised Jojo by placing a banana onto the piano's Metronome. The hypnotised Jojo was then taken by Threepwood and used as a literal monkey wrench to operate the pump for the Waterfall on Phatt Island.
- A statement made in advertising Escape from Monkey Island was that it had "more monkeys than the first three games combined". Considering the amount of monkeys necessary to power the Robot in the game, this is probably correct.
- In the first part of The Secret of Monkey Island, the Voodoo Lady tells Guybrush he's going to go inside a giant monkey. She was referring to the Giant Monkey Head.
- In the original edition of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, a pair of monkeys are shown dancing as the game starts up but are then shooed of by Guybrush Threepwood.
- Ozzie Mandrill's name is taken from the word "Mandrill", the worlds largest monkeys.
- For more information to the species in general, see here.